Friday, January 28, 2011

Revised Artist Statement for Senior Project
Through personal experiences, I have dome to know that the Universe is multi-dimensional; the plane of existence is not limited to the physical realm. When I am conscious of and open to these intangible forces of energy, I am able to live a life free from fear and anxiety. The circumstances of my physical existence are not random, but unfold according to the Universe's purpose for me.
In integrating graphite and fiber, I am exploring line in both two-dimensional and three-dimensional form to illustrate the threads that connect me to a source. Chiaroscuro creates the illusion of depth and movement across the spacial plane of the fabric. As with my previous bodies of work, negative space plays an important role. In this case, it is the Unknown in which all exists. The organic shapes of the ground is indicative of the fluidity of life, how it is continuous, and how it is interwoven with the other dimensions of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment